Sunday 5 October 2008

Lecture 2



Shown here is a shape I made during the second tutorial (last Monday). I wasn’t going for anything in particular, as I’m still inexperienced with 3D modelling, so I used the line tool to create a very random shape that looks very similar to a bird, an angel or a splash of paint.

After drawing the shape, it was converted to an editable poly, and was then extruded to make it almost fully 3D rather than a flat object. After extrusion, the cap tool was used to fill the shape.

During this lecture, we also played around with text, and when trying to create a bowl shape I ended up making something that looked more like a garden ornament. Unfortunately, I do not have that object anymore.

I’m hoping to get started on some less basic stuff soon, so that I can get my project underway.

No comments: