Tuesday 7 October 2008

Ice Hockey Puck

To make up for what I feel is a slow start so far, I have already nearly finished one of the objects to be used for the October image.



The first thing I did was create a cylinder, to which the images would be added. Boths images were created in Photoshop, and the texture going around the cylinder (which may or may not be clearly visible in the above render) was added first. After adjusting some settings, I then went on to add the second image.

The second image, on top of the puck, was put together using a gradiented silver ring as well as logos of my supported team, the Anaheim Ducks. It was added by converting the cylinder into an editable poly, then selecting the top and then adding the image. The reason I've decorated the top is not only to make it look more like a real life NHL puck, but also because the first material I added also went over the top of the cylinder, so it needed to be hidden.

Here is the material used for the texture on the side of the puck:



Overall, I'm very happy with how this puck turned out, however I need to learn how to smoothen to shape to make it look less polygonal.

No comments: