Monday 1 December 2008

Updates

The last couple of weeks have been spent adding final touches to my work, which includes adding new objects, new materials, and having to remake a whole scene again.

First of all, continuing with the start of ice hockey season theme that has been incorporated into my October image, I made a pair of crossed ice hockey sticks, which sometimes screams "hockey" more than just a puck on its own.



To begin with, I simply drew the stick blade with the line tool, added a custom material for the tape using UVW mapping, and extruded the rest of the stick. It was then cloned and flipped horizontally, rather than simply rotating the object to save me from applying the material again.



Continuing with the Christmas theme for December, I made a Christmas Pudding. It was made by creating a cone, applying mesh smooth and adding a custom material. Then, I drew some leaves with the line tool and made some spheres for the holly.

Also as mentioned before, I had to remake one of my images: August. This is because for some reason the file got corrupted and now I can't open it. Thankfully my most important objects (plane, palmtree and to a lesser extent the shark fin) remained intact in their original files, so they simply had to be brought back in. Below you will see how the image has changed:

BEFORE:


AFTER:


As you can see it's a fairly faithful recreation, however I have now added materials to the beach and islands in the distance, as well as bump mapping and reflections for the water (which was also done in the original, however it was implemented better here). I have also made better use of lighting effects, for example I have used shadows. Admittedly however I preferred the brighter colour of the palmtree in the original.

My next post, and probably the last for this semester, will include all three of my final images.

No comments: