Thursday 6 November 2008

October - Progress so far

In my previous entries I posted renders of two objects that I made for my October image: a tree and an ice hockey puck.

During last week's lecture, we learnt how to use lighting effects within 3DS Max such as omni lights in ways to make renders look more effective, so I implemented what I learnt into the project.



I placed two omni lights in different places to make the scene look more dynamic, as there will be a sunset in the background. Also, to create the grass I simply made a cylinder and applied a hair and fur effect. Also, I placed more leaves into the scene to make it appear as if they were falling from the tree.

Next, I added a background from a desktop wallpaper I made a few months ago (just to see what it looked like, I will probably put together an original one for this project), and I also added some pumpkins.



I will probbaly add more to this later, however I want to even out the amount of time I spend working on each image.

1 comment:

cooolin said...

This have to be the best one out of the three, I like how you've done on the sky and the grass effect is really good. good job