Thursday 12 March 2009

Test animation - Ident 1

Here's a short animation I made, which was produced mainly as a basis for me to follow while making my idents. I'm pleased with how it turned out, so it will be enhanced later to be made into my first ident.



It's kind of a throwback to older Looney Tunes cartoons, so a sound effect from those cartoons... you know, the long, whistling sound that's made while Wile E Coyote falls down a cliff, will be used in the final version of this ident.

There are actually two versions of Ste in this Ident: one of them, the first one you see before he gets squashed, is moved underneath the surface as the anvil hits the ground. The second one was actually squashed to begin with, although he is invisible until the ton weight is lifted from the ground.

Before I finish this post, here's an unused version of Ident 1, with a slightly different ending...



This one, in my opinion, does feel more cartoony, but as you can see there were a couple of slight technical issues with the character model, where the hands were slightly removed from the arms, and the closed eyes for some reason appeared, making him look as if he has eyelashes. These problems could easily have been fixed, but I prefer the ending I went with.

No comments: