Friday 20 March 2009

Facial Expressions

In my second ident, Ste will be displaying more emotions and facial expressions than his standard blank stare, blink, and the wide-eyed, surprised facial expression seen briefly in my previous test animation.

The following two screengrabs show the two new expressions that will be showcased in my second ident. First of all, here's a "happy" face:



Continuing with his Anime-influenced design, Ste is shown here with two "n" shaped closed eyes, which in Japanese Anime is used to show happiness. To make them, I used a Torus shape, which is basically like a ring, and manipulated it to suit my needs.

Secondly, here's a more... well, not-happy-at-all face:



Here, Ste is shown with his eyes squeezed shut and his mouth now open. This kind of facial expression, unlike the happy one I made, is not used exclusively in Anime, but has also been seen in American cartoons such as South Park. It could mean any of the following: anger, pain, fright, frustration or despair.

No comments: