Thursday 29 January 2009

Back to work...

After having a month or so off, I'm now back to 3D Modelling, or rather, 3D Animation. Admittedly I've been dreading this a bit, but after learning some very basic stuff during today's lecture, I'm feeling a bit more confident.

Our assignment for this semester is to create 3 different TV idents, with all three sharing a similar theme, for example how Channel 4 currently has objects floating in the air to form a 4, and how BBC 2 used to have a number 2 on wheels.

Today's lecture mainly revolved around learning how to use Key Frames, much like in Flash, as well as a Curve Editor to aid us in animating an object. We were shown how to bounce a ball, in order to start off nice and simple, but I decided to take it a small step beyond that...




So yeah, this is my first ever 3D Animation. Go me.

No comments: